DIYcave is seeking new Shop Stewards to join our growing maker community! DIYcave is a Makerspace that is run primarily by a crew of Stewards who trade their time working at DIYcave for shop access, free or discounted classes and free training on all shop equipment while gaining immediate access to a thriving maker community. Stewards offering 6 hours of work each week receive full benefits.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Availability to work at least one morning shift (typically 9:45 AM to 4:00 PM) or two afternoon shifts (typically 3:45 PM to Close) per week.
- American Red Cross (or equivalent) certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Above average understanding of shop safety.
- Ability to communicate areas of expertise to members, and assist with member projects when needed.
- Experience working with at least some of the tools offered at DIYcave is desirable.
- Answering member questions and providing an overview of the DIY Cave and its purpose.
- Provide members with advice and light assistance with member projects (supporting large materials like plywood while cutting, locating tools, etc.)
- Maintaining shop cleanliness and organization.
- Checking stock of consumables (first aid supplies, toilet paper, sanding discs, etc.)
- Tool maintenance and inventory tracking (training provided).
- Assist with workspace improvements as able.
- Miscellaneous other duties as needed.
- Full shop access when not on duty.
- Free training on all equipment.
- Free access to most classes with available space at the time of the class, not including consumables.
- Reduced membership costs for immediate family members.
- Opportunity to build relationships with other creative members of the maker community.
Please apply online here.